1. How do I find what is covered in a course?
Visit the Bedrock Learning website and select a course to see a detailed description, course objectives, course outline, sample content, and reference materials to learn more about what you can expect to learn throughout a course.
2. How long does it take to complete a course?
While each course will depend on the knowledge you already have on the particular technology, we assume no knowledge when an individual takes a course. Therefore, courses will take approximately 6-8 hours each.
3. Is each online course scheduled at a specific time?
Once enrolled, you will receive a login and password to access the course(s) selected and can login anytime, 24/7, no matter where you are located. You will progress through the course at your own pace, and at any time you can stop and logout. The next time you login, you will be placed right where you left off.
4. Do I have to take the full online course at one time?
You will progress through the course at your own speed, and at any time you can stop, logout, and the next time you login you will be placed right where you left off. Every course is divided into sections that take 10-30 minutes each, making it easy to work at your own pace and spread learning over time.
5. Is there a test with an online course?
Every course includes a final test with up to 40 questions pulled from a larger pool of questions. A score of 80% or better is required to pass the course. If your score is below 80%, we will reset the test so you may take it again at no extra cost. If the test is not passed after several attempts, we will evaluate your test results and recommend topics for you to review and focus on prior to taking the test again. We want everyone to learn and succeed!
6. How long do I have to take an online course?
Once enrolled in a course, you have six months from the day you start the course to complete it. You may purchase several courses at one time to take advantage of quantity discounts and know that you can spread out taking courses longer than the allotted time as the six months of access begins on the day you start the course, not at time of purchase.
7. How do I enroll in a course?
Enrollment is simple with just 5 Easy Steps!
- Visit the product catalog on the Bedrock Learning website and select your desired course.
- Add the desired online course to your shopping cart.
- Complete shipping/mailing information, if needed.
- Fill in billing information and shipping address, if different, and complete payment information.
- Once your online purchase is complete, you will receive your login and password within 24 hours.
8. How much does a Bedrock Learning Online Course cost?
All Bedrock Learning Online Courses are $149US each. A course guide only is $69US or you may purchase a Course Package, which includes the online course and course guide for $199US each (YOUR BEST DEAL).
9. Do I need to purchase a course guide with the online course?
A course guide can be used as great reference material throughout the course and after completion when access is no longer available to the online course. It is not required that an individual purchase a course guide when ordering an online course.
10. Are there discounts when buying multiple courses?
Yes, we offer volume discounts with a minimum purchase of 3 online courses. We extend a 10% discount when you buy three to nine courses and 20% off for 10 or more courses purchased at the same time. Quantity purchase can be any combination of online courses or course packages.
11. Do you teach to specific brands or products?
All Bedrock Learning courses are vendor-neutral and therefore we do not teach to specific brands. You will see numerous products and brands throughout the courses to get a generic understanding of the different technologies.
12. How do I receive CEUs upon completion of a course?
You can earn Continuing Education Units, Renewal Units, or Contact Hours from CEDIA, Electronic Security Association (formerly NBFAA), infoCOMM International, and ETA International. To determine the specific number of hours awarded or detailed directions on how to submit your course completion certificate, visit bedrocklearning.com/redeem_ceus.htm.
13. What is the difference between Bedrock Learning Online Courses and a webinar?
The core differences are that Bedrock’s courses are interactive, provide consistent and efficient training, and allow users to be tested throughout the course for better retention and verification of knowledge. Usually a webinar is live for the first training session with minimal or no interaction with the attendees, and it may stray off of topic dependent upon the presenter. Webinars are typically archived for playback in the future. Click here for an extended list of differences.
14. Are Bedrock Learning Online Courses relevant outside the United States?
Yes, Bedrock Learning has students all around the world. The courses teach to standards that are accepted worldwide, however some may present more detail on US standards.
15. What kind of computer technology do I need to take an online course?
Anyone can take Bedrock Learning online courses, as long as you have a broadband connection to the Internet and speakers or headset to listen to the audio, and a computer or device with Adobe Flash Player installed.