Security and Access Control
$149.00 – $199.00Online Course Length: 8 hours | Course Price: $149
Learn the principles of detection and protection system components, installation, and options
Online instruction covers key principles of security and access control systems. Topics discussed include cabling, components and wireless security systems, contacts and sensors for detection, fire protection, along with access control methods and locking mechanisms. This course provides the fundamentals and practical information needed for design, installation, programming and troubleshooting security and access control installation projects.
*This course requires a PC with Flash Player
it is NOT iPad compatible
See a PREVIEW of course material.
Add the full-color Course Guide and have a detailed, visual reference in hardcopy with all course content, including informative In-Depths, helpful PM Tips, and an extensive glossary.
Students should be familiar with the concepts of home security and have basic knowledge of access control options.
Course Learning Objectives
Learning Process and Evaluation
Each student receives a user name and password that provides private and monitored access to the online course.
1. Introducing Security and Access Control
2. Benefits of Security and Access Control
3. Safety, Tools, and Standards
4. Security System Technology
5. Access Control Technology
6. Principles of Security Protection
7. Security Contacts and Sensors
8. Principles of Access Control
9. Designing a Security or Access Control System
10. Installing a Security or Access Control System
11. Programming Security or Access Control
12. Troubleshooting Security or Access Control
13. Course Summary