Fundamentals for Electronics Systems Technicians
$149.00 – $199.00Online Course Length: 8 hours | Course Price: $149
Build a solid foundation for installing digital systems
This comprehensive course delivers a solid foundation in construction methods, electrical basics, job site safety, tools and industry standards. Technical principles of structured wiring including cabling, components, and outlets are explained, along with design and installation procedures, testing and troubleshooting methods.
*This course is now iPad compatible!
See a PREVIEW of course material.
Add the full-color Course Guide and have a detailed, visual reference in hardcopy with all course content, including informative In-Depths, helpful Project Management Tips, and an extensive glossary.
Students should have a basic understanding of what residential technologies are and the benefits they provide, but no prior technical knowledge is required.
Course Learning Objectives
Learning Process and Evaluation
Each student receives a user name and password that provides private and monitored access to the online course.
1. Course Introduction
2. Introducing Electronic Systems
3. Benefits of Electronic Systems
4. Construction and Electrical Basics
5. Jobsite Safety
6. Tools and Industry Standards
7. Fasteners and Anchors
8. Components of Structured Wiring
9. Layout of Structured Wiring
10. Designing and Installing Structured Wiring
11. Terminating Structured Wiring
12. Testing and Troubleshooting Structured Wiring
13. Course Summary