Security and Access Control
$149.00Online Course Length: 8 hours | Course Price: $149
Include the full-color Course Guide for a detailed hardcopy reference of all course content, including In-Depths, PM Tips, and Glossary.
Student login information is sent separately by email after purchase, usually within a few hours. Occasionally, it may take up to 24 hours or until the next business day.
Can’t wait? Visit our LMS to preview course material, purchase online, and enroll IMMEDIATELY.
*This course requires a PC and browser with working Flash Player
it is NOT iPad compatible
Learn the principles of detection and protection system components, installation, and options
Online instruction covers key principles of security and access control systems. Topics discussed include cabling, components and wireless security systems, contacts and sensors for detection, fire protection, along with access control methods and locking mechanisms. This course provides the fundamentals and practical information needed for design, installation, programming and troubleshooting security and access control installation projects.
Students should be familiar with the concepts of home security and have basic knowledge of access control options.
Course Learning Objectives
Learning Process and Evaluation
Each student receives a user name and password that provides private and monitored access to the online course.
1. Course Information and Instructions
2. Introducing Security and Access Control
3. Benefits of Security and Access Control
4. Safety, Tools, and Standards
5. Security System Technology
6. Access Control Technology
7. Principles of Security Protection
8. Security Contacts and Sensors
9. Designing a Security or Access Control System
10. Installing a Security or Access Control System
11. Final Installation of Security and Access Control Systems
12. Programming Security or Access Control
13. Troubleshooting Security or Access Control
14. Course Summary